Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Service.
The following terms and conditions apply to all Lightning-bolt hosting accounts.
Throughout this document references to Lightning-bolt refer to both hosting accounts sold by Lightning-bolt directly, and those sold through resellers on Lightning-bolt’s equipment.
1. Hosting accounts provided by Lightning-bolt may not be used to host material to which the user does not own the copyright to, or have prior permission from the owner of the copyrVight to distribute. This includes the distribution of MP3 files, software, and other pirate material.
1.1 In addition to this, the hosting account may not be used to host utilities to aid the violation of a copyright licence, such as software cracks and key generators.
1.2 Lightning-bolt reserve the right to question any user as to the copyright ownership of material displayed on a user’s hosting account, and reserves the right to suspend accounts if violation of copyright is suspected.
1.3 You must own the copyright on any content stored on the server or comply with the teams of use of the creator of the copyrighted content. Please follow all terms or contact the copyright owner for permission. Lightning-bolt reserves the right to remove any content that hasn’t complied with the terms or has not gotten signed written permission from the copyright owner.
1.4 Lightning-bolt services most not be used to distribute racist or any other un-sociable material
2. Hosting accounts provided by Lightning-bolt may be used to host adult material, provided the material complies with the copyright rules laid out in section 1.
2.1 Adult material that violates UK laws will not be tolerated. Any user hosting material found to be in violation of UK laws will immediately have their account terminated with no refund and their details will be passed on to the UK authorities. All content must also comply with other law.
3. Hosting accounts provided by Lightning-bolt are provided on shared machines, therefore a user found to be consuming excessive resources, or causing a denial of service to other users will be suspended pending an investigation into the cause of the problem.
3.1 Any user found to have deliberately caused a denial of service to other users will have their account terminated with no refund for the remainder of the hosting period.
3.2 Any user found to be launching attacks against other Lightning-bolt or remote servers from Lightning-bolt servers will have their account cancelled with no refund for the remaining hosting period.
3.3 Lightning-bolt reserves the right to charge a client for downtime and damages
Resulting from any files or services hosted on their account. This include but not limited to damage from insecure scripts or weak passwords.
4.Lightning-bolt is not legally liable for the data that is hosted by a user.
4.1 Any opinions put forward in material hosted on a Lightning-bolt server are not representative of the views of the staff, or company as a whole.
4.2 By signing up for a Lightning-bolt hosting account the user automatically agree to pay for any legal fees or claims by a third party of loss or damage that result from an action originating from the material hosted on their account.
4.3 Lightning-bolt is not legally liable for losses and/or damage to a company that may be a result of downtime on the Lightning-bolt servers or network. In addition Lightning-bolt is not legally liable for any losses and/or damage to a company which may be a result of domain registration/renewal or transfer issues. While Lightning-bolt shall attempt to provide the most reliable service possible, no guarantees as to the uptime of a server are made as part of this contract.
5.Lightning-bolt reserves the right to invoice the user for any additional charges that they may incur because of the usage of their hosting account.
5.1 Lightning-bolt reserves the right to invoice users for additional bandwidth at a rate of 20p per gigabyte over the limit of their service plan. Users shall be informed if their site is exceeding acceptable traffic levels. Users should be aware that this traffic includes FTP usage.
6. Lightning-bolt hosting accounts shall not be used for the sending of unsolicited bulk messages (also known as spam) via any medium.
7. Lightning-bolt accounts may not be resold unless a prior agreement has been reached concerning resale.
8. If the user wishes to close their account within the first 30 days they may do so and receive a full refund (except domain name registry fees) after 30days cancellation may occur but the user will not be entitled to a refund of any sort unless the account is not functioning as described at the time of sale.
8.1 Once initial payment has been made, payment reminder will be sent 30 days before the account is due to expire, the account will automatically be removed if the hosting agreement is not extended within 30 days of the reminder email Cancellations must be received by email to email@example.com three days before the payment is due.
8.2 Domain registrations or renewals that are submitted through Lightning-bolt are not guaranteed as available and registered/renewed until a separate confirmation of registration or renewal has been sent to the registrant by email (this is not an invoice). If no confirmation is received an email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org dealing the issue so it may be investigated.
8.3 All refunds will be at the discretion of Lightning-bolt staff.
8.4 Refunds awarded will be for base package costs only; refunds are not available on account extras or add-ons
9. Lightning-bolt reserves the right to close accounts at any time without prior notice to the user.
10. Lightning-bolt reserves the right to make amendments to these Terms and Conditions without notification to the user.
11. Lightning-bolt and their staff reserve the right to deal with any circumstances that arise in a way that is deemed to be suitable at the time.
Shoutcast Terms and Conditions of Service.
Lightning-bolt does not actively monitor stream contents and all content broadcast is the sole responsibility of the client.
We do not provide any form of legal cover to individuals or companies who utilize our services to distribute content with any copyright protection.
Under no circumstances will Lightning-bolt be responsible for the behaviour of our clients or their users when found to be broadcasting protected content. All licensing, copyright and royalty issues are the sole responsibility of the individual clients and/or their production entities.
You may not use our services to distribute adult, racist or any other un-sociable material.
If contacted by an authority in the event of an illegal situation regarding any of the above, we will co-operate fully in any investigations they decide to make against clients found to be breaking the law.
Lightning-bolt will make every effort possible to ensure security of client’s data, however due to the large volume of media stored, our standard costs do not include backup of data, please contact us if you would like to arrange this at an extra cost. All data is stored at client’s own risk and we will assume no responsibility for any loss, damage or corruption of files hosted on our servers.
All live streaming purchased from Lightning-bolt is limited in bandwidth by a bitrate (X kbps). If you choose to stream above the purchased bitrate on a live server, we reserve the right to terminate your account without warning, refund or explanation.
If your account is suspended because of this, we reserve the right to charge a £5 admin fee to have it re-activated.